Chocolate Thomas the Tank Engine – level 3
To celebrate Easter, a 140-kilogramme chocolate Thomas the Tank Engine arrived at King’s Cross Station in London. Master chocolatiers created the giant sculpture, and it took them 250 hours to craft the exact replica of the blue engine.
Thomas delighted children and adults when they saw him. A ‘Fat Controller’ also came to give out chocolate eggs to everyone.
Difficult words: craft (make by hand), replica (an exact copy), delight (make happy), Fat Controller (the title for the person in charge of the railway in the ‘Thomas the Tank Engine’ books).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.