Christmas Lights – level 2
Sarah Bailey from Ohio, US, decorated her family house with many Christmas lights. She prepared a light show, and she played a Taylor Swift song during the show.
Bailey posted the video on her social media, and she could not believe her eyes when Swift reacted to it. Swift wrote that she was happy that Bailey chose her song. Bailey also reminded in the video that there was a food donation in her town and Swift donated some money, too.
Bailey was very happy to get a response from the music star. She said that this year was very difficult for many people. and she wanted to make them happy with her light show.
Difficult words: food donation (an event when people can bring food to a special place, and later other people who need the food will get it), donate (to give money or things to people who need them), response (an answer).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos