Christmas Market Shooting – level 2
Last Tuesday, there was a shooting at a Christmas market in Strasbourg. The city is in north-eastern France, and four people died while 13 people were injured.
The French police released the identity of the suspected shooter. His name is Charif Chekatt and he is 29 years old. After the shooting, he disappeared and the police are still trying to find him.
Difficult words: release (tell information or let someone free), suspected (thought to be the shooter, but the police are not 100% sure), disappear (run away or hide so that people cannot find you).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos