Church is attacked in Israel – level 1
This news is from Israel. It is about a church. This church is special. It is the “Church of the Multiplication of the Loaves and Fishes”. Christians believe that Jesus fed 5,000 people in this church.
Somebody sets this church on fire. The fire destroys the inside parts of the church. Also, somebody puts hateful graffiti on one wall.
People want to build the church again.
Difficult words: fed (past of “feed” – to give food), hateful (not nice), graffiti (text or picture that someone draws on something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this attack?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.