Church is attacked in Israel – level 2
In Israel, somebody set the “Church of the Multiplication of the Loaves and Fishes” on fire. Christians believe that Jesus performed the miracle of feeding 5,000 people here.
The fire completely destroyed the internal parts of the building. People also found hateful graffiti on one of the walls. One man told media that he heard something and ran from his room. He saw that parts of the main entrance were burnt and he could smell benzine.
People are going to re-build this place, and perhaps it will look even better.
Difficult words: miracle (something amazing and god-like), entrance (an area where you enter; a door).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this attack?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.