Clean Sydney Waters – level 3
Around 8 million tons of plastic enter the ocean every year, and Laura Stone, the Sydney by Kayak founder, has come up with a way to clean the Sydney Harbor. Guided groups tour Sydney Harbor by kayak while picking up plastic along the way.
According to Stone, kayaking is a great way to spend time outside in fresh air while exercising gently. During the coronavirus pandemic, people in Australia cannot travel and they’re looking for something to do that isn’t good only for them but also for the environment. At the same time, the whole idea is about sharing a message and teaching people about recycling and using less plastic.
The tours collect over 180 kilograms of trash a month, and people walking along the harbor have spotted that the water is clean and pristine.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.