Cliff Divers at Victoria Falls – level 1
Two cliff divers jump into the Zambezi River. They jump from 30 metres. The river is a boundary between Zambia and Zimbabwe. It is near Victoria Falls.
The men are professionals. They normally jump from between 26.5 and 28 metres. Thirty metres is new to them.
Victoria Falls are the largest in the world. People also call them Mosi-oa-Tunya or the Smoke that Thunders.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Would you jump off cliffs for fun?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.