Cliff divers at Victoria Falls – level 2
Two cliff divers jumped from 30 metres into the Zambezi River near Victoria Falls. This part of the river forms the boundary between Zambia and Zimbabwe.
The cliff divers are professionals. They normally jump from between 26.5 and 28 metres, so this was a new game for them.
The falls are the world’s largest in combined depth and width and are also known as Mosi-oa-Tunya or the Smoke that Thunders.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What is the significance of the Zambezi River as a border between Zambia and Zimbabwe?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.