Coach crashes in Japan – level 1
In Japan, a coach is on the road. It goes onto the wrong side of the road. We do not know why. It is winter. There is no snow or ice on the road.
The bus breaks through the guardrail. It falls down. Fourteen people die. The crash injures twenty-seven people.
People try to understand what happened.
Difficult words: coach (a bus used for long journeys/travels), guardrail (a small metal safety wall on the side of the road), injure (to get hurt).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think caused the crash?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.