Coca-Cola and plastic – level 1
Coca-Cola is an American company. It makes soft drinks. It makes more than 500 different drinks. Most drinks come in plastic. Cans are from aluminum. People throw bottles and cans away. Many end up on streets, beaches, and in the ocean.
Coca-Cola hurts the natural world a lot. The company officially says that it is true. It is time to change it now. The company will recycle all its plastic by 2030.
Many people and companies are happy. Some say that it is not enough. It is more important to reduce plastic and not recycle it.
Difficult words: soft drink (a non-alcoholic drink such as lemonade or fruit juice), recycle (to use materials and old things for making new things), reduce (to make something smaller).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos