Coca Cola Science – level 2
According to a research report, Coca Cola can review and possibly repress its health research. It can also cancel research if it is not good for the company.
This could lead to publication bias. However, the researchers do not think that Coca Cola did this. Coca Cola says that it does not have the right to stop the publishing of studies. Nevertheless, researchers are worried and are asking Coca Cola and other companies to show their lists of cancelled studies.
Difficult words: research (a scientific study of something), repress (keep quiet), publication bias (when you only publish/show the things that you want to show to other people to make something look good).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos