Cocaine in banana boxes – level 1
This news is from Berlin. Boxes with bananas come to a supermarket. The employees look in the boxes. They find bananas and cocaine.
The employees contact the police. The police come and seize the boxes. The boxes have 380 kilograms of cocaine in them. The cocaine is worth 15 million euros.
Difficult words: employee (a person who works somewhere), seize (to take), is worth (to have price in money).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do people try to hide drugs in your country?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos