Cocaine in Panama City – level 2
The Panamanian anti-narcotics police found 97 packs. The police found them when they were digging in sand in Panama City.
The packs contained almost 2,500 packets of cocaine. People think that the cocaine is from South America and that the drug was going to the USA. Central America is a main transit point for sending drugs.
Difficult words: narcotics (drugs), pack (a box), contain (have inside), packet (a small, folded up container).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos