Cold-Water Chess – level 2
There is an interesting style of playing chess. It is cold-water chess – you play chess while you sit in icy water.
Two Russian swimmers got the idea for cold-water chess after reading about winter swimmers who played the game in Soviet times. It may look like a crazy thing to do, but the swimmers say that it has its benefits.
One of the men said that playing in cold water helps him concentrate, and it lets him stay in the water for longer.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Would you like to try this game?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.