Colorful life – level 3
Vladimir Sedakov, nicknamed Spartak, is a 74-year-old pensioner from Yekaterinburg, Russia, who’s on his way to cover himself in tattoos from top to toe.
Sedakov creates poetry, paintings, and he wears incredibly crafted costumes. He has a pet goat named Marusya, and he certainly is no average pensioner. According to Sedakov, his 60 tattoos are the secret to his happiness, as they give him the great energetic potential in the fight against the unpleasant feelings in his life. His tattoos give him power, they bring in the memories and the past, and they also give him energy for the future, for art and for life.
Difficult words: potential (the natural qualities or abilities that help someone achieve something), bring in (to produce).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos