Comic book for blind children – level 1
A man from Mexico is a writer. He makes a book for blind children. It is a comic book – there are pictures in it.
The book tells a story. It is about an astronaut. He is on a planet and he gets blind there. However, he is not alone. Aliens live on the planet. They have no eyes, but they can see. They teach the astronaut to see without eyes.
The book is a big hit. It only costs around two dollars.
Difficult words: blind (when you cannot see), astronaut (somebody who travels from a planet to another planet), alien (somebody or something from a different planet).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
It's lovely, isn't it? :-)
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.