Companies in Mexico need more electricity – level 2
Industrial parks and warehouse operators in Mexico need a lot of electricity for their growing businesses. They want to finance the construction of solar panels themselves, but the government controls the energy sector.
Mexico already has problems with the power grid, and experts say that big companies like Tesla, which will start their business in the north of the country, will need a lot more electricity.
Currently, there is a limit on self-generated renewable energy to 500 kilowatts, but several organizations asked the government to raise this limit. While the world is turning away from fossil fuels, President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador supports using fossil fuels, and he doesn’t support renewable projects.
Difficult words: warehouse (a big building where companies keep their products or material), power grid (electrical lines which transfer electricity over an area), self-generated (something what you produce yourself).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What strategies can industrial parks and warehouse operators use to finance the construction of solar panels in Mexico despite the government control of the energy sector?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.