Companies leave Russia – level 2
Since the war in Ukraine started, many companies left Russia, even though their exits cost them a lot of money.
On Friday, French company Danone said that it would stop its dairy food business in Russia. Danone will sell about 90% of its business in the country, and it will keep only factories which make infant food. Danone has not said who will buy its business, but the company said that the loss could be up to 978 million dollars.
Many Western food companies still have business in Russia; examples are Nestle and Procter&Gamble. They face a lot of criticism from customers and organizations who want them to leave Russia as soon as possible.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.