Concert for People in Venezuela – level 2
Richard Branson is hosting a concert in a Colombian border town to support people in Venezuela. People hope that soon it will be possible to get food and clothing into Venezuela so that the people’s lives there are not so difficult.
The regime in Venezuela is pushing strongly against protesters and there is violence in the streets. Thousands of people crossed the border to go to the concert. People expect there will be 250,000 people at the concert.
Over 30 famous Latin American singers will be there, and they hope to get 100 million dollars for the Venezuelan people.
Difficult words: host (introduce artists at a concert), regime (a government which controls people very strongly).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos