Conjoined Twin Girls – level 2
Fifteen-month old conjoined twins from Bhutan came to hospital in Australia for a special surgery. The girls were joined at the lower chest, the lower body, and shared an organ.
Doctors were not sure if the girls shared other organs too. Once the doctors started the surgery, they had to rebuild their abdomens. The team of 18 medical professionals successfully separated them after 6 hours. The babies are now getting better in the hospital.
Difficult words: conjoined twins (when two siblings are born at the same time and share a part of their bodies with one another), chest (the part between the neck and stomach), separate (turn into two parts), abdomen (the middle of your body).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.