Cooking Show in Space – Level 3
Supposedly, your sense of taste diminishes with altitude, but despite that, one astronaut on the International Space Station got creative with her food.
Samantha Cristoforetti of the European Space Agency recorded a cooking show while on the ISS and made a meal that we could say was literally out of this world.
She made her meal out of champignon mushrooms, peas, chicken, turmeric and other ingredients, and she showed how to cook the food using the tools available to her in the ISS, such as a food warmer and scissors. She commented that her food tasted good despite being in weightlessness.
This recipe is a space experiment that you could try at home!
Difficult words: diminish (become less), altitude (height), ISS (the abbreviation of the International Space Station), literally out of this world (this is a joke – something that is amazing and something that is in space), champignon mushroom (a type of mushroom that is rare and supposed to taste very good), turmeric (a type of spice), weightlessness (having no weight due to being in space).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
Do you think it is easy to cook in space?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.