Copenhagen Light Festival – level 3
For the fifth year in a row, the Danish capital Copenhagen was full of beautiful light installations as the 23-day Copenhagen Light Festival took over the city.
From February 3 until February 26, 2023, the harbor and city space will be lit with illuminated bridges, buildings, and light art, all scattered around the city. You can see light on dark drifting clouds, beautiful old buildings, architectural squares, and the city’s canals.
Visitors can experience the installations by themselves or join one of the festival’s guided tours by Segway, canal boat, kayak, or guided walk.
Difficult words: scattered (spread out all over a place), drift (to move slowly and continuously from one place to another), Segway (an electric vehicle with two wheels and a base between them on which the rider stands).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What are the Copenhagen Light Festival’s highlights and what can visitors expect when they visit?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos