Coronavirus and Tourism – level 1
People love to travel. Some places are full of tourists all year. This is bad for nature. Tourists sometimes kill special plants. They leave a lot of trash on beaches.
The coronavirus changes everything. People cannot travel. Many tourist destinations are empty now. It is bad for business. Guests are not in hotels and restaurants. Local people lose their jobs.
But there is a positive change, too. Nature is cleaner. Fish and other animals return to waters. Turtles lay eggs on the empty beaches.
Nature is recovering from mass tourism. Some countries want to stop mass tourism. They see that it is bad for nature.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.