Coronavirus crisis in India – level 3
Delhi has been cremating so many bodies of COVID-19 victims that authorities are getting requests to start cutting down trees in city parks for kindling, as a record surge of illness is collapsing India´s health care systems.
Burial grounds are running out of space in many cities and glowing funeral pyres blaze throughout the night. Last week, the US sent India raw materials for vaccines, joining European countries in pledging to help stop the world´s biggest surge in cases.
With reports of hospital bed and oxygen and drug shortages sweeping social media, wealthy Indians are looking for a way out of the country. They pay thousands of dollars to escape to Europe and the Middle East in private jets. However, it´s not only the ultra rich people. Whoever can afford to take a private jet is fleeing the country.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.