Coronavirus in Classrooms – level 1
The school year starts soon. Some parents worry. They do not know if schools are safe. They are afraid of the coronavirus.
In schools, students share many things. For example, students share a microscope in a science class. It is not always possible to have one thing for each student. Many students touch and use the same things. In some classes, students share scissors or pencils.
Scientists say that it is not usual to catch COVID-19 when you touch a thing. However, some risk exists. It is important to clean things that students share. Schools should give each student their own materials. Schools should wrap this material in plastic. However, for many schools, this is too difficult.
Difficult words: share (to use the same thing with people), microscope (a device that scientists use to make something look bigger), risk exists (it is a little dangerous).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos