Coronavirus in Classrooms – level 2
The school year starts soon, and many parents wonder if schools are safe for their children. Some parents worry that their children could get sick with COVID-19 in classrooms.
In schools, students use many objects; for example, they use a microscope in a science class. It is sometimes necessary to share some objects which means that many students touch the same object in one class. In some classes, students share scissors, paper, or pencils.
Experts say that it is not very common to catch COVID-19 when you touch an object. However, they still recommend to sterilize shared objects to minimize the risk. Every student should have individual material that is sterilized and wrapped in plastic. However, this does not happen in most schools, and it will be difficult to change this.
Difficult words: share (to use the same thing with other people), sterilize (to make something completely clean and safe), minimize (to make something as small as possible).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos