Coronavirus in Classrooms – level 3
As the school year starts, many parents may be wondering about the risks of getting sick with COVID-19 in classrooms.
According to experts, the risk of contracting COVID-19 from sharing classroom materials is medium. Experts say that they have not recorded a significant transmission of COVID-19 from objects to people. However, it is recommended to work on sterilizing shared equipment in classes such as science class where many students use one object such as a microscope.
Experts suggest that each student should have individual materials shrink-wrapped and sterilized beforehand; however, this does not happen in most classrooms. It is common that students share scissors, pencils, and paper, and it can be difficult to change this and to still provide students the same experience of their fellow students and to keep children excited about learning.
Difficult words: transmission (the spread of something from one person or thing to another), sterilize (to make something free from germs and bacteria), shrink-wrapped (packed in thin transparent plastic).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos