Coronavirus in Europe – level 3
All over Europe, governments are imposing new restrictions as cases of the coronavirus continue to surge on the continent. However, many people are running out of patience with the ever-changing and often confusing rules.
In England, the government has shut down pubs, gyms, and betting shops in Liverpool, the only city that is in the very high-risk category for now. In France, authorities are adding more major cities to their maximum alert list, and bars, cafes and gyms are forced to close. In Madrid, Spain, non-essential travel in and out of the city and nine suburbs has been prohibited.
Experts warn against imposing measures that hurt people economically or mentally, especially if they are announced without a clear strategy. They say that governments should come up with carefully balanced guidelines that will keep countries as open as possible while keeping the virus under control.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.