Coronavirus in Royal Family – level 2
Doctors diagnosed Prince Charles with the coronavirus. He has mild symptoms and apart from the coronavirus he is in good health. It is not clear when he became ill because he has attended many public events recently.
Charles is 71 years old, and he is Queen Elizabeth II’s eldest son. He is the first in line to the British throne. His wife, Camilla, tested negative for the coronavirus, and the couple left for Scotland where they stay indoors, and they do not meet other people.
In the UK, the coronavirus is spreading fast. The Queen, who last met with her son in the middle of March, moved out of London. The 93-year-old queen is healthy, and she is staying at Windsor Castle currently.
Difficult words: diagnose (when doctors say that somebody has a specific disease or health problem), mild symptoms (when an illness is not very strong), first in line (the first person who will get something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.