Coronavirus Vaccine – level 2
An unnamed government official told a news organization that a clinical trial to make a coronavirus vaccine can begin soon. It will happen at a research facility in Seattle, Washington, USA.
The news organization said that 45 young and healthy volunteers will receive different doses of shots of the vaccine. This is to see if the vaccine has serious side effects.
This is a big step to make a coronavirus vaccine. However, health officials say that it can take 18 months to prove if the vaccine works.
Difficult words: clinical trial (a medical test to see if a medication or a treatment helps problem), research facility (a place where scientists or doctors do tests and experiments), dose (an amount of medication or other substance).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.