Countries will not show a Disney movie – level 1
American film studio Pixar makes a new movie. The name of the movie is ‘Lightyear’. It is about an astronaut. His name is Buzz Lightyear.
Buzz, other astronauts, and their leader are on a dangerous planet. They try to go home. A woman kisses a woman in one scene of the movie. This scene is a problem for some people.
Some countries say that they will not show the movie. For example, these countries are Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, and Malaysia. They are Muslim countries. They believe it is a crime when a woman loves another woman. Also, it is a crime when a man loves a man.
China has a problem with the movie, too. China doesn’t want the scene in the movie. Disney removes the scene. Then it puts it back in.
Difficult words: scene (one part of a movie, play, or book), crime (an act or situation, which is against the rules of a country), remove (to take something away).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos