COVID-19 vaccination in the EU – level 2
European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen said that 70% of adults in the EU were fully vaccinated against COVID-19. She was very happy because the EU expected to reach this number later this year.
More than 250 million people received both jabs of a COVID-19 vaccine, but if we include children and teenagers to 55% of people. Von der Leyen said that the pandemic is not finished yet, and it was necessary to vaccinate even more people. It was important to protect people from the coronavirus, and to stop new variants of the coronavirus.
The EU gives vaccines to other countries, too, because it says that people from all over the world have the right to get vaccinated against COVID-19.
Difficult words: jab (when a doctor puts a needle through somebody’s skin), necessary (something what a person needs to do), variant (a new form of something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos