COVID-19 vaccine for babies – level 1
COVID-19 starts in November 2019. More than 13.5 million American children get COVID-19 since that time. 500 children die in the US this year.
Companies Pfizer and Moderna make COVID-19 vaccines for children. Vaccines stop a disease. US authorities may approve them. Then children older than six months can get the new vaccine.
Pediatricians think this can happen soon. Some parents are very happy. They want to get a vaccine to their children immediately. Other parents are not sure if the vaccine is safe.
Experts say that we need to give the vaccines to children. Then COVID-19 won’t be so serious for them. Some children can get inflammation in their body. They can die. The new vaccine keeps them safe.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.