COVID-19 vaccine for babies – level 2
In the coming days, US authorities may approve COVID-19 vaccines for children aged six months to five years old.
According to officials, more than 13.5 million American children had COVID-19 since the pandemic started in autumn 2019. 500 children already died this year. Companies Pfizer and Moderna both made vaccines which are appropriate for small children, and now, doctors are waiting for US authorities to approve them.
Around 20% of parents plan to get the vaccine to their children immediately, but some worry if the vaccine is safe. Experts say that the vaccines will protect children against the bad effects of COVID-19, including a serious condition of inflammation in the body. It can kill children.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.