Cow Up In the Air – level 2
Every year, farmers in the Alps take their cattle from higher pastures to lower ground. This event is called the ’Bodenfahrt’.
This week, farmers took about 1,000 cows down the hills at the Klausen Pass in Switzerland. However, for one cow, the experience was very special.
A farmer said that the cow had problems with her leg. The animal cold not walk well for about one month. The farmer did not want to risk the cow’s health. He hired a helicopter that transported the cow down the hill.
The farmer said that it could be a stressful moment for the animal. However, he added that this is a usual way that farmers transport injured animals.
Difficult words: cattle (a group of animals such as cows or bulls), pasture (land with grass where cows or sheep stay), experience (something that happens to somebody).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos