Cows and Climate Change – level 2
In the USA, many people like to eat beef. Beef production uses a lot of resources and gives off more carbon dioxide than other meat production or foods like rice or potatoes.
People worry that the carbon dioxide is leading to climate change, so it may be good for people to eat less beef.
American Democratic candidates are thinking about this carbon footprint problem. However, beef production makes less pollution than energy or transportation.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.