Cows in Switzerland – level 2
People know Switzerland for Swiss cheese and it is made from cow’s milk.
There cows are in pastures up in the Swiss Alps. There is a heat wave in Europe, and it affects even up in the mountains. The hot weather is not good for the cows.
Due to the heat and no rain, the water reservoirs for the cows are almost empty. People have to help the cows.
Helicopters fly up to 1,800 metres above sea level with water and drop it into these reservoirs. One helicopter can carry 800 litres per trip.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.