Cows in Switzerland – level 3
In Europe, there is a heat wave expanding across large stretches of the continent. Switzerland, known for its cheese, army knives, chocolate and magnificent Alps, is one of the affected areas.
A lack of rain and the hot weather left water reservoirs for cattle on pastures nearly empty. The Swiss fire brigade is using helicopters to ferry water to the pastures 1,800 metres above sea level to help the struggling livestock. Their helicopters can carry 800 litres per trip.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.