Cows make electricity – level 3
A high-tech Bosnian dairy farm is among the first to turn animal waste into electricity.
Spreca Farm is becoming self-reliant with biogas from animal waste and silage, even as high energy prices threaten the subsidy-dependent agriculture industry. The biogas plant produces electricity from renewable energy sources in a process of several stages, a mixing pit, fermenters with mixers, storage for the biogas, and engines for power generation. Extra thermal energy heats some farm buildings.
The project can produce more electricity in an hour than the average household’s monthly consumption. Once the plant is fully operational, it’ll be able to produce 600 kilowatts per hour.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.