Crane operator saves a man – level 3
In Reading, UK, a towering inferno engulfed the Station Hill building site, endangering a trapped workman.
Quick-thinking crane operator Glen Edwards, 65, heroically rescued him by lowering a cage to the perilous spot. Onlookers, gripped by fear as flames and smoke neared the worker, witnessed the tense operation. The process, though time-consuming, culminated in the relieved workman safely reaching the ground to applause from the crowd.
Glen Edwards received praise from the fire service for his adept handling of the challenging rescue. While two individuals were treated for smoke inhalation, there were no other reported injuries from the fire.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What risks were posed to the workman while he was trapped in the Station Hill building site?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.