Crazy barbershop in Tokyo – level 1
This news is from Japan. There is a barbershop in Tokyo. It offers a special service – the barber cuts and colours your hair for free!
However, there is a little problem. You cannot say what you want. The barber can do anything! People’s hair can look crazy. People call the shop the crazy barbershop.
People come to it. They want crazy hairstyles. It is the end of the year. People want to have fun. They want to be different.
Difficult words: barbershop (a shop where people cut and colour your hair), offer (when you say that you want to give something to somebody).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.