Crazy barbershop in Tokyo – level 3
If you fancy getting a new look with a difference this party season, head to Japan where one hairstylist is offering free cuts, providing he can do whatever he wants to your hair.
It’s a bold move but the barber in Tokyo is offering drastic makeovers for those daring enough to take the snip.
The event is part of a promotion for chocolate snack Snickers and anything goes from crazy colour to crazy cuts.
The customers don’t seem too fazed, as this guy said he was really excited to see what it would look like.
The company behind what is now being called the crazy barbershop say many people has taken advantage of the relaxed feeling at the end of the year.
“It’s the Christmas season and many of our customers say they want to cheer up their parties or make themselves stand out from the crowd.”
While being different can be fun, it might not be so great if you get fired, as many companies in Japan have rules regulating certain hairstyles.
Difficult words: fancy (to want), head (to go), providing (on the condition that), bold (risky), daring (brave), snip (cut), fazed (worried), regulating (controlling).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.