Cristiano Ronaldo leaves Manchester United – level 2
Cristiano Ronaldo is leaving Manchester United. The player announced the news on social media, and he said that it was time for a life change.
Ronaldo wasn’t happy in the club for some time; the club’s manager often used him as a substitute. Last month, the player left the stadium before a match ended. In a TV interview, he said that he felt the club betrayed him, and that he didn’t respect the club’s manager Ten Hag.
Manchester United last won the Premier League in 2013, and the team couldn’t find a good manager. Many fans protested in recent years, and the protests delayed some matches. The club owners are considering if they will sell the club, probably to US buyers.
Difficult words: substitute (a player who replaces another player during a match), betray (to be false or unfair to someone), delay (to make something happen later).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos