Cristiano Ronaldo leaves Manchester United – level 3
Cristiano Ronaldo left Manchester United by mutual agreement with immediate effect, as he said the time is right to seek a new challenge. Recently, the club and he have been embroiled in a legal battle.
The club suspended the 37-year-old player when Ronaldo refused to come off the bench last month, and then, he gave a TV interview about his frustrations. He explained he felt betrayed, and he had no respect for the club’s manager Ten Hag, who largely used him as a substitute. Last month, Ronaldo refused to go onto the pitch against Tottenham Hotspur, and he walked down the tunnel with minutes of the match to play.
Following years of protests from fans, Manchester United’s owners are considering selling the club. The Glazers bought the club in 2005 for 790 million pounds; however, Manchester United hasn’t won a Premier League Title since 2013, and the team struggled to find a long-term manager after Sir Alex Ferguson retired. Multiple protests have happened in recent years, and some games had to be postponed because of them. If someone else buys Manchester United, the expectation is it will go to US investors.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.