Crop circle in Germany – level 1
This news is from Germany. People find a crop circle. People talk about it on the Internet. Thousands of people come to the field. They want to see the circle.
The circle is 75 metres in diameter. It is made up of three circles. The media asks one woman what she thinks. She doesn’t think that a UFO did this. She says we don’t understand everything on our planet.
Some people take off their shoes when they visit the field. The farmer is happy. He doesn’t want people to damage his crops. If people damage the crops, they can give him money.
Difficult words: crop (plant which people grow for food), diameter (line from side to side of a circle), damage (to break something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think created the ring?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.