Crop circle in Germany – level 3
This mysterious crop circle has been spotted in a wheat field in upper Bavaria and has been attracting thousands of visitors.
With a very ornate design printed into the crops, the circle seems to be formed of three rings and has a diameter of 75 metres.
After being discovered by hot air balloonists flying over the wheat field, word of the mysterious creation spread quickly through internet forums.
Thousands of people have now been flocking to the field to take a look for themselves.
“Nothing of this earth. I don’t mean a UFO or such thing. It’s just forces we have not explored yet, or maybe we have and nothing has been done about it or maybe it hasn’t been in the media. That’s what I believe.”
The farmer who owns the field praised visitors who took off their shoes before entering, and said that a collection box had been put down in order to reimburse him for any damage done.
Difficult words: mysterious (we don’t know a lot about it), spot (to see something from far away), ornate (detailed), balloonist (person who flies a balloon), flock (to come somewhere in large numbers), praise (be glad), reimburse (repay).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.