Cruise Ship in Trouble – level 3
What was supposed to be a holiday of a lifetime turned into a dangerous experience for 1,300 passengers on a cruise ship off the coast of Norway.
The ship broke down in rough seas and 70 kilometre-per-hour winds and waves over 8 metres caused it to rock heavily side to side, turning furniture into dangerous hazards. On Saturday, people decided that the helicopters would evacuate the ship. From the first 371 evacuated passengers, 17 went to hospital.
The situation remains critical, though the ship is understood to have restored three of its four engines, and it is limping back to a nearby port.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.