Cyberattacks and Vaccine – level 1
Many medical organizations around the world want to make a coronavirus vaccine. They want to make it fast. They work very hard. A company that makes a vaccine can make a lot of money.
Hackers attack some medical organizations. Hackers get into their computer systems. They want to steal information about coronavirus vaccines.
This week, the US, UK, and Canada say that Russia makes the cyberattacks. Russia does not want to stop the research. However, Russia wants to steal information. Nobody really knows if Russia steals some information.
However, the three countries say that the hackers work for the Russian government. The hackers try to influence US politics in the past. Russian officials say that this is not true.
Difficult words: vaccine (a medicine that can help a person not get sick), hacker (a person who steals information from a computer or an electronic device), cyberattack (when someone tries to get information from someone else´s computer or device), influence (to have the power to change something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.