Cyberattacks and Vaccine – level 2
Recently, there have been a number of cyberattacks on medical organizations. These organizations are trying to make coronavirus vaccines.
On Thursday, the US, UK, and Canada said that Russia tried to steal information on coronavirus vaccines. However, the three countries believe that Russia does not want to stop the research. It is not clear if Russia stole some information or not.
However, the three countries said that they knew who made the cyberattacks. They said that it was a group called APT29. The group is a part of the Russian government, and some countries believe that the group tried to influence the US presidential elections in 2016.
Russian officials said that Russia did not make the attacks and that other countries wanted to influence what people think about Russia.
Difficult words: cyberattack (when someone wants to damage a computer network or steal some information from it), influence (to have an effect on something), presidential election (when people chose a new president of a country).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.