Cyberattacks and Vaccine – level 3
Several countries have accused Russia of trying to steal information on potential coronavirus vaccines.
On Thursday, the US, UK, and Canada said that ongoing cyberattacks by Russia are targeting organizations which are involved in vaccine development. The three countries believe that there is an effort to steal the research rather than to disrupt it.
It is unclear if any information has been stolen; however, the three nations said that the group which is involved in the cyberattacks operates as a part of Russian intelligence services, and it probably interfered in the 2016 US presidential elections.
Russian officials denied that Russia was involved in the cyberattacks and that the claims were an attempt to damage the reputation of Russian medical research.
Difficult words: disrupt (to interrupt or cause disorder in something), interfere (to get involved in an activity without invitation or necessity), reputation (a widespread belief or opinion that people have about something or someone).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos